- Recommended for Ankle Instability and Ankle Sprains, can help prevent ankle injuries.
- Durable, supportive design, resists migration and delivers maximum
adjustable compression. Created from a knitted blend of nylon and Lycra
outer layer, and patented foam inner layer
- Fits securely on either ankle with attached Velcro.
- Wrap, when applied directly to the skin, will not cause blistering or
- Slim design promotes comfortable wear in most footwear.
Ankle Instability and Ankle Sprains
An acute Ankle Sprain is commonly associated with swelling and bruising on the out side of the ankle. Rest of the ankle with immobilization using a a product like the AnkleGard is critical. The classic treatment for a sprain of the ankle is often referred to as the RICE Program. It involves rest, ice, compression (the AnkleGard) and elevation. This treatment is designed to decrease the inflammation and swelling of the ankle associated with the sprain. The RICE Program by itself will not heal the ligaments.
In order for the ligaments to heal the ankle needs to be immobilized. For minor sprains the Anklegard brace should be applied to the ankle. Walking is permitted during this recovery process, allowing the ankle ligaments to heal.